Monday, September 12, 2011

The six pack experiment

For those who have wondering, the six pack experiment is over. The results have proved inconclusive, because many unexpected things have happened between the time I thought of this experiment and now. In other words, for the supporters of the scientific method, far too many variables were modified. For example, I hoped to keep progressing on my tango as I worked on my physical shape, but on a steady, controlled manner; I didn't expect my style to change as drastically as it did, mainly due to the Missé brothers. Whether the change is for the better or for worse is not for me to judge. Secondly, among the many changes in my life, when I first thought of doing this, I never thought I would have so many responsibilities by now. In particular, I now have a newborn child to take care of. Just kidding, I am no father yet. But I do have a full time job, which makes it virtually impossible for me to practice and dance more than twice a week, since I wake up at 5 in the morning. I haven't let this get in the way of fitness because, while there are no milongas or prácticas at five in the morning that I am aware of, the gym is open. I am in better shape than I have ever been before, but how that affects my tango I have no idea. (I will post pictures of my quasi six pack if I receive enough female requests). I will have to conduct some surveys with the local tanguera community to hear their opinion. The point is, though, I hope, that a work-health-tango balance is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment